The last blog on "soul lessons" was about how we attract soul lessons so we can work through them. The next seven posts will be about the chakra system.
Each post will go into detail about one of the chakras so you can understand them more thoroughly and get a sense about how your chakras are affecting your health and well being.
Your first chakra (at the tailbone) is about:
- Collective beliefs that your family, society, religion hold. You are born into a belief system that you accept as truth.
- You are born into a society or culture that has certain values that may or may not be true for you. Western civilization values competition, striving for success, and money and other values that may not fit as you expand your awareness.
- You also carry energies from your ancestors that are not necessarily a part of your own experiences but color the way you feel about and view life. Generational alcoholism, mental illness, trauma, and abuse can affect you today even if you didn't directly experience it. You are effected by your ancestry seven generations back and you affect your ancestry seven generations ahead. By healing the ancestry within you, you can potentially help heal 14 generations of relatives since we are all energetically connected (even the relatives' souls who no longer have a physical body).
- The religion you were brought up in may not fit you as you expand your awareness. The belief system of suffering, not being directly connected to God (having to go through a priest or minister), needing to believe a certain dogma to go to heaven and other beliefs may become outdated over time.
- As a societal, ancestral, and religious truth no longer works for you, a block will show up in the 1st chakra/tailbone area that may cause you mental, emotional or physical challenges if left unaddressed.
- This area is also about safety, security, and feeling grounded.
- Many of us feel safe and secure staying with the old beliefs and behaviors. We blindly follow something without really thinking about whether it makes sense for us or is healthy for us. We are afraid we may be rejected, abandoned or experience loss if we disagree with the beliefs we were taught and brought up in.
To get in touch with and let go of outdated collective beliefs:
- Keep your focus on your lst chakra/tailbone area. If your mind wanders from focusing on your 1st chakra, bring it back to this area.
- As you stay focused on it, experience what is there without trying to figure it out or fix it. If you feel emotions, stay with the emotions without trying to give a reason for them being there; if you see an image, stay with the image without having a story as to why the image is showing up for you; if you feel sensations such as tension or pain, stay with them. Stay present to whatever is there.
- As you stay present to what is there, whatever is there will begin to release or you will feel or will be shown something else that replaces it. If you need to understand it, understanding will arise on its own without your brain figuring it out.
- Stay with the next experience until you finally feel clear.
- If you don't feel clear and continue feeling resistance, know that resistance is normal. You may need to stay with the energy/feeling of resistance for a day, a few days, or a week--however long it takes until your body feels safe to let it go.
Maureen: This is a beautiful post with a clear explanation of the chakra and guidance on how to make it part of your practice.
Thank you Doug!
Post a Comment