Your fifth chakra (throat) is about being aligned with and speaking our truth. Many people have a hard time expressing themselves due to insecurities about being liked, heard, understood, or for people putting them down for speaking up. Unhealthy secrets held here, either knowingly or unknowingly, can cause all sorts of constriction and challenges throughout the entire body.
- All of us want to be liked by others and want to say things in a way that people can accurately hear and understand. The challenge is that you can't control how another person takes things since we all have our own filter that determines how we see the world. If someone is carrying unresolved trauma (which can be repressed), old relationship wounds, insecurities about their skills and abilities, their skewed viewpoint will prevail no matter how you phrase things.
- The same goes for yourself--you have your own filter based on your past. You may misunderstand what people are saying to you and believe they don't like you or are judging you when that may not be the case.
- It is always good to try working through misunderstandings by speaking directly to the person to work towards common meaning and resolution.
- Sometimes it is not possible to work through a relationship so that misunderstandings and emotions are resolved. If this is the case, your lesson may be to be okay with people not liking you or understanding you. You need to like yourself despite what others think. No one will be liked by everyone so the most important thing is to be in your own truth and be your authentic self.
It is helpful to clear out your own inner clutter so your own truth and vision isn't based on old hurt, traumas, and misunderstandings. It is helpful to "declutter" your inner self daily. At least once a day put aside a minimum of 10 minutes, but ideally 1/2 hour to 1 hour, to focus on yourself. The rest of the day put your worries and inner insecurities off to the side and focus on fully enjoying your life here on planet earth since the journey is so short. The following practice may be useful:
- Sit in a meditative position or lay down.
- Put the intention that you want to clear anything internally that is no longer serving you. If there are specific things you know you want to clear, state what they are.
- Ask that your Higher Self or Spirit directs the inner clearing process and that your optimal spirit guides assist. Ask that everything you clear is throughout your souls existence, and clears you on all levels (mentally, emotionally, and physically) including all energy fields/grid systems that effect you. (The energy fields/grid systems referred to are your etheric body (the blueprint of your mind, emotions, and body), your aura, and the grid system that connects you to everybody and everything.
- Ask that the appropriate vibrations/energies come in to help you clear your inner self.
- Now pay attention to your body since your body is the barometer on how you're doing. Pay attention to how its feeling.
- If your throat feels tight and constricted, put a pinpointed focus on your throat. If your mind wanders from focusing on your throat (it probably will) bring your attention right back to your throat. Pay attention to how it feels. Without trying to understand or fix what's going on in your throat, get a sense of: What emotions are there? What images naturally come into your awareness? What sensations do you feel?
- If you're feeling grief or any other emotion, stay with the emotion without trying to fix it or understand it. If you need to understand it, the understanding will come up spontaneously without your brain searching for a reason.
- If you see an image, stay with the image. If you can, become the image to see what its like to be the image.
- If you feel sensations, stay with the sensations.
- As you stay with the emotions, images, and sensations, they will either release or give way to more emotions, images, and sensations. Stay with these too until they release or give way to yet more emotions, images, and sensations. Keep staying with whatever is there until your body feels clear.
- If your body does not feel clear after being with yourself for a chunk of time, realize that this may take longer than one sitting with yourself. You may need to stay with it for number of days since resistance to letting the past go is common. The body may be afraid to get in touch with something.
- If your body is afraid or uncomfortable with feeling or experiencing something, talk to your body. "Body, these old emotions, images, and sensations are from the past. They are no longer happening. All you need to do is let it go. Anything you feel or experience will be very brief as long as you do not resist. The past is done. Let go and feel peace."
- At the end of your time with yourself, ask that positive energies/vibrations come in to help you. Ask to bring in more of your own Divine Essence and anything else you need at this time to help you feel optimal.
- Ask for a strengthening and stablizing energy to come in for optimal health and vitality so that your body experiences all positive changes as a positive with your Higher Self deciding what that is.
- Ask to restructure and recalibrate all energy field/grid systems that effect you into the pattern that reflects the work you did today throughout your souls existence or until no longer needed.
- Asking for the strengthening and stabilizing energies, along with restructuring and recalibrating your energy field/grid systems, helps the new changes acclimate to your body much quicker and easier. Otherwise your body may take awhile to adjust to the new.
- Always thank your Higher Self for directing the time you spent with yourself and your spirit guides for assisting at the end of the time with yourself.
As always, remember that you're a Divine Being having a human experience. You are NOT your experiences. All experiences are for learning and growth. Take the time to learn and grow and enjoy this short journey on planet earth!