My son and I went out to dinner a couple days ago and the conversation went something like this: "Mom, I really don't get why people say, "how are you" to people they meet. It makes absolutely no sense since everyone says the same canned response, "I'm fine" whether they feel fine or not. What's the point of asking?" I had to agree that it was kind of a foolish greeting and know that I'm one of the more foolish ones since I say it regularly! "Or how about all the TV's in this restaurant that have a variety of sports on them. Why do people care about a man hitting a ball with a stick? My whole age group worships such nonsense. I just don't get it. What's so important about this that its worshiped?" I acknowledged that it is entertaining for some people but the worship component is unusual. He gave a few other funny examples of how us humans interact and then said, "its like we're all drones here programmed to be a certain way."
Well, that last statement caught my attention since I've often thought that our thoughts and beliefs keep us in a reality that may or may not be good for us. There is a kind of "drone" or "sheep" mentality that everyone seems to buy into that may not be true at all. In reality, perhaps nothing on this planet is true. Much of our reality is probably a human construct to give us some footing on how to operate and be here.
Now I happen to believe, "no harm done" if its a belief that helps us operate in this earthly dimension since we do need some guidelines so we're not colliding about causing chaos and not getting things done that help us with important matters such as food, shelter, education, medical care, etc. But how do we know if these beliefs that help us get important matters done are truly helpful? The only thing that sits right with me is, "is this belief or belief system keeping me from fully loving myself and others? Is this belief or way of operating truly taking my optimal good in mind and the optimal good of others in mind? Is this belief system causing me to keep a distance from people? Is it distracting me from knowing and loving someone on a deep, authentic level?"
As we move into higher consciousness (higher consciousness = moving into love and unity thinking and behaviors), its important to be aware that some of our beliefs may not fit us anymore. They may be keeping an "us against them" mentality going. They may be keeping us stuck in past pain since we believe there was a "right way" to do things and we just didn't measure up.
How do you get in touch with and release limiting beliefs that keep you in a reality that isn't loving and good for yourself or others?
- Act like you know nothing. Make an agreement with yourself that you're to let go of all your beliefs for at least one day (keep extending it as you're able).
- Remind yourself that any beliefs that are helpful for your growth and current state of consciousness will come back as needed.
- Surrender all problems to your Higher Self and the Universe/Source/God. Anything that takes too much effort to push forward is not something that's in alignment with your highest good right now. Take a break from all action and "wait" until the timing is correct so it can happen more effortlessly. If its not to be at a later date, something else will come in that works instead.
- If you're in pain about something in your life, ask for Divine Intervention on finding a solution for your challenge including Divine Intervention to help with resistance to being open to new solutions.
- If you have a strong reaction to something going on in your environment, you probably have a belief or wound that is being activated that needs to be healed. Assume that there's a faulty belief connected to it and ask your Higher Self to show you what it is and/or release it from your energy field.
We need new solutions to old earthly problems right now. Fortunately many of our national and global problems are out in the open for all to see. It may seem overwhelming and ominous having everything so out in the open but without things being out in the open, we can't truly heal from them and transform them into something loving and good for all. Each of our beliefs make up the world we live in. Let's all join hand to come up with loving and accepting beliefs so we can begin to manifest a world that's good for all of us.