Stage 5 (Fowler's Stage 4) is the Individuative-Reflective Faith (typically 20's but can be much later if at all) - To move to Stage 5, reliance on external sources of authority must be interrupted. Some young adults will move to the opposite stance of their parents or those they previously thought were authority figures. This allows them to move away from external authority being in charge of their lives to an internal authority. A new sense of self is developed during this time frame which is critical to being a mature adult. This includes thinking in a whole new way meaning a new value system emerges based on their own inner truth.
If this stage happens naturally in your 20's, then the transition from Stage 4 to Stage 5 is relatively smooth since you're recently on your own. Its a natural progression into your own way of thinking about your life and the world. If it doesn't happen during this time frame, major life events can prompt you into Stage 5 such as a divorce, death, loss of something important to you such as a valued job. If a crisis pushes you into Stage 5, it can be a rough ride into a new perspective and sense of self since you've already based your relationships and your roles on your previously held viewpoints which are based on the "group think." Extricating yourself from this can be painful and challenging and take some time--perhaps up to seven years.
If you find yourself still in Stage 4 and want to move to Stage 5, how can you do this relatively painlessly if you're now in your later years?
A big part of this is being open to change and being willing to look at things differently. You may need to see a therapist to do so since therapy helps significantly with looking at old outdated viewpoints and finding new ways to view self, your family, and your world.
Another thing to do, which I've found extremely helpful, is to ask for a perception and attitude adjustment or change that will move you into alignment with your Higher Self (HS) creating your own internal value system. Meditating with this as the intention allows the brain to get out of the way so that a new insight can drop in from your HS.
To meditate, sit quietly in a chair or in a lotus position on the floor and focus on your breath or bring your attention to your heart or 3rd eye. You may find your brain ruminating and going over the grocery list as you meditate but keep bringing your focus back to your breath or your third eye or heart (which ever method makes you feel more centered). Some days you may have great success keeping your brain out of the way; other days you may not. That's okay. That's normal. The more you do it, the more results you'll get.
Healing Process For Moving into Stage 5 and Preparing for Stage 6
- Do the healing processes given in the previous blogs on Stages 1 - 4. Wait a few days or more inbetween each healing process/each blog exercise given unless you have done a lot of energetic/healing work already geared towards raising the vibration/consciousness of your physical body
- Ask your Higher Self (HS) to direct and your optimal spiritual team to assist (spirits in the other realms/dimension that are more advanced than our human existence and have contracted to assist you in this lifetime). Ask for an energy of protection and energy of invisibility so only those spirits and guides that are optimal can participate and see in.
- Ask that all the work done is throughout your soul's history and beyond, all levels of your Being (your mind, emotions, and body) and all grid systems/energy fields that effect you using non-linear time to process.
- Ask that a white energy comes into the aura (the egg shaped energy field around you) and into the etheric body (the blueprint of your mind, emotions, and body) "waking you up to new beliefs about yourself, your family, your work, your culture, and your new role in life." Ask that as many vibrations/energies come in as needed to begin the process of what has been asked for.
- Ask that an energy comes in to break down the barriers of who you think you are.
- Ask that an energy comes in to revitalize the area(s) in your life that have been traditionally challenging.
- Ask that an energy of invigoration comes in to activate a positive direction for this challenging area(s).
- Ask that a new energetic structure comes in to lock-in and activate the positive energy and direction.
- Ask that a positive energy comes in to clear out thoughts and fears that do not fit with this positive direction.
- Ask that your brain creates new pathways and and pleasure points for a happy, creative, fulfilling life based on your soul/HS's best and optimal life.
- Ask that a strengthening and stabilizing energy comes in for optimal health and vitality so that your body accepts all positive changes as a positive with your HS deciding what that is.
- Ask that all grid systems/energy fields that effect you are restructured and recalibrated into the pattern that reflects the work you did today throughout all time and space and beyond, all appropriate dimension or until no longer needed.
- Ask that a no time, no space cocoon (kind of like a caterpillar cocoon) goes around you (you are asking that your brain moves out of linear time into what most of the universe contains--non-linear time) for a fast processing and upgrade of your energy system.
- Thank your HS for directing, your optimal spirit guides for assisting. Thank them for continuing to assist throughout completion of this process and beyond with your HS directing it.
Allow your Higher Self to guide you towards what this means for you. Allow your Higher Self to let go of the past as you know it and create an optimal present and future that hasn't been thought up by your brain before--something new, fulfilling, and life changing. Only your own Higher Self can bring that forth for you. The time is NOW to do so.
After all, you're a Divine Being having a human experience. You have all the makings of a wonderful new life!
(To create a new vision with community, take a look at a special community event geared towards letting go of the past as you know it and creating a new and optimal present future for self and humanity. This special event will be on December 21, 2012 in Minneapolis, MN at the Calhoun Beach Club. For details see www.communityforhigherconsciousness.com. Registration is under the "events" tab. Hope to see you there!)
Hi Maureen: This post brings up a fascinating topic, which is our relationship with the past. I've heard people talk about totally forgetting the past, which is different than holding the past lightly—acknowledging it without being attached to it or letting it define us. What do you teach about integrating or transcending the past?
That's a good question, Doug. I teach that you want to let go of how the past is negatively impacting your mental, emotional, and physical well being. Being human, we tend to hold onto the past on a cellular level and, when its time to work it through,our mind, emotions, and body can scream at us to let us know its time to let it go. This can manifest itself by negative thoughts, strong, persistent emotions, and physical pain or illness.
Some of my blogs talk about being clearing exercises to help the body let go of such pain by being with the pain without judging it, trying to fix it, or trying to understand it. By being present to it, whatever we need to know (or not) about it will be revealed to us and it will naturally release or transform as we stay present to it.
Doing this every day helps immensely. This allows for a different viewpoint of the past which then makes it seem more like a past life. Its a way to rewrite your past just by changing your viewpoint. Some things may be forgotten but, most likely, it will be held lightly and not effect you due to your new view.
With trauma, this may take awhile since the body holds things in layers. With erroneous viewpoints, based on old experiences, this can be fast or slow depending on the openness of the individual.
This is something everyone can do on their own but I find that it helps to work with a professional along with doing your own inner work.
Post a Comment